Labor Day Thoughts from a Guy Who is Recently Re-employed:
2. It is good and satisfying to work for a living.
3. Contrary to the human nature beliefs of some of my friends, most humans (even most Americans) believe, live by, and are motivated by no. 2.
4. There are hardworking people who can’t find a job and hard-working people who can’t provide for their families (OK, I already knew this one).
5. There are more important things than job security.
6. Looking for work is work. Looking for work during a recession takes patience, persistence and ingenuity. And the Patience and Persistence Award goes to: My wife, Laura.
7. Networking works, even if it takes 15 months (or longer) to work.
8. Contrary to some rantings from defenders of hard-working, successful people, there is no such thing as independence. No-one gets there purely by their own actions and abilities (See no.7).
9. There is no such thing as job security.
10. blah blahblah GRANDKIDS blah blah blah (See no.5)